Saturday 2 August 2014

London Film and Comic Convention July 2014 #1

I usually work weekends, but after swapping shifts and booking holidays I can easily say the weekend starting Friday 11th July to Sunday 13th July was one of the best and most memorable weekends of my life.

London Film and Comic Convention was having a preview night on Friday 11th from 6pm-9pm, people usually go on the Fridays to get their tickets to meet their favourite actors, actresses, writers, directors and so forth, and their early bird tickets for the rest of the weekend, meaning that Saturday and Sunday they did not have to queue and could spend the day meeting and greeting and browsing.

We queued for about an hour tops and got our early bird ticket for Saturday. Inside was mad busy though, I queued for about an hour and a half to try and get a ticket to meet my hero, the one, and only, George A. Romero. My favourite director of all time was here in London, Earls Court Two, meeting fans and signing autographs. When I heard this news I was overwhelmed and ridiculously happy. I was so worried that tickets for photographs with him had sold out online and, having a limited amount on site, I felt sick knowing there was a possibility I may not get a picture with him.

So we got to second from the front, and this girl pulled out the longest list of names ever, full of people she wanted to meet. This infuriated me, purely because she pushed in front of me to queue with her friend, and it meant I had to wait longer to find out if I'd meet my favourite director - the Godfather of zombies.

After this girl, who was clearly loaded, got all her tickets, it was finally time to find out and I asked for a ticket to have a photograph with George A. Romero. The bloody girl didn't even know who he was! Working at a film and comic convention and you don't know who Romero is! She should be embarrassed! Anyways, I got one! I actually got a ticket!! On Saturday 12th July 2014 at 11:20am I was going to meet an absolute legend.

I'm going to write a separate blog post about when I met Romero. It. Was. Amazing.

Read it here: http://thestrollingunwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/i-met-george-romero-twice-lfcc-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment