Sunday 30 October 2016

[Graphic Novel] iZombie, Repossession, Volume 4

Volume four is the last of the series and well, I was slightly disappointed.
I read that due to the series being cancelled the writers were rushed to complete the fourth volume. Ultimately, rushing the ending and making me feel like it wasn't on par with the previous three volumes.

Yes, I am saying that I did not like the ending of iZombie. Gutted.

I thought the whole concept was absolutely brilliant. I loved the characters, I thought they were perfect, funny and very well thought out. The idea of the zombie telling the story, again, it's an original idea with huge potential. I just do not understand how it got cancelled, I really enjoyed everything. The art work is beautiful, too. 

Such a solid basis for a top notch comic. Thus, I feel the cancellation and sudden rush for a conclusion hindered the overall ending, which I feel could have been so much different. It felt like a bit of a cop out. It was odd, and although it slightly made sense, it also did not. 

I would recommend this series though, brilliant read with excellent characters, plot, and art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment