Monday 24 October 2016

[Television] The Walking Dead - Season 7, Episode 1 "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT THEN STOP READING

WHAT. WAS. THAT?!

If you have been following me for a while you can probably tell that I love Abraham and he is my favourite character of all time. I was totally in denial. I had a gut feeling he would go, but I kept shifting my thoughts onto Glenn. To me, it was between Abraham, Glenn and Daryl.

Okay, so, Abraham gets it straight in the head and manages his last one liner of the show - "suck my nuts." You tell him, Abe. I was gutted, of course. I mean, he wanted a family, he was bonding with Sasha, everything seemed to be going right for him.

However, I thought, 'at least Glenn gets to see his baby' (if Maggie is well and it all works out). But nope. That glimmer of hope was snatched away from me rather rapidly. So there's me, crying into my cereal and then Glenn says "I will find you" ??? Why not kick me in the face while you're at it. To be honest, I blame Daryl for Glenn's death. He should not have punched Negan in the face,

The table scene with a pregnant Sasha and a the glowing faces of new parents Maggie and Glenn hit me right in the feels. That was sob-my-heart-out material. They were supposed to grow old together, it wasn't like they died by accident. Their lives were cruelly snatched away by a bloke who looks slightly like my dad.

Negan is a mug. The writers are even meaner for taking two precious characters away from us. This was a tricky decision. It delivered the shock factor, and yes, Negan is the man that he was so hyped up to be - they really have portrayed him that way successfully (a cruel, cold-hearted, bumhole), But, Glenn has been there since episode one (or two?) it's a major decision that may have crap consequences.

By the way, I really thought Carl's arm was a goner.

I am still in shock, and could rant for ages. What an episode. How are they going to keep up to that standard?

No comments:

Post a Comment