Sunday 27 July 2014

The Walking Dead Graphic Novels #1 - #20



So, during my anxious waiting period between episodes and seasons of The Walking Dead, I bought the first two graphic novels in Forbidden Planet, Tottenham Court Road. At this time there was already eighteen graphic novels to catch up on! After reading the first two, literally week after week there was another graphic novel being posted through my letter box, I would read them within an hour and be straight on the internet to order the next.

What I love about these graphic novels is that they are different from the television series. The characters are all the same, apart from Daryl, who unfortunately is not in the comics and apparently he never will be, and his brother, Merle. The television series is loosely based around the comics, so some parts you can predict, and others, however, will undoubtedly shock you.

The writers, in my opinion, make you feel like you know the characters personally. Their writing style is nothing short from amazing and at some points they are not afraid to write the most shocking and, some what disturbing, scenes. 

So it's safe to say, any reading material based around The Walking Dead is going to be exciting, gripping and very well written.

Good news is that The Walking Dead #21, All Out War, Part Two is out on the 29th July 2014, my birthday! When I get it I shall post a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment