Saturday 26 July 2014

Pre-Apocalyptic Endeavours

Hello! My name is Sarah and let me introduce you to my new blog :)

My hero is George A. Romero, the Godfather of zombies and without him my interest and hobby would not be so passionate, so before I even start I want to thank him for his gory scripts and his love of zombies. 

So it all started about a year ago when I was first introduced to the television series 'The Walking Dead'. From the first episode I was hooked and I couldn't get enough, by then I had watched all the way through to season two within about two weeks, and luckily for me season three was coming out on DVD that September. Season three was just as good as the first two and I was thrilled to learn that season four would be airing that October! 

At first I felt a bit - out of the loop - having watched season one a whole three years after the original airing date (I was going to watch it, but I completely forgot!) but in a way I was glad because having it on DVD meant I could watch this endearing post-apocalyptic series straight through and whenever I wanted - without having to wait a week for the next episode, and several months for the next season. 

So, when season four hit, I was in the same boat as every other zombie fan out there - at the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode!  So, to keep me from constantly wanting to watch the show when the next episode was not even out yet, I turned to the comics, and what a great decision that was.

The Walking Dead helped kick start my passion again and Romero's films just made it accelerate even more.

All of this entwined was the beginning to my zombie collection, or obsession, which has led me to write this blog in order to share my collection of which I am very proud of and constantly adding to.  

Thank you, George A. Romero, Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard and Tony Moore for surfacing my innate love for zombies which was laying dormant for so many years.

Here are a couple of links to two posts that I have written, I consider them two very important moments in my zombie collecting and I feel they are certainly relevant to this sort of, 'About Me', post.

The first zombie film I ever watched: http://thestrollingunwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/film-night-of-living-dead-1990-remake.html

The day I met George A. Romero: http://thestrollingunwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/i-met-george-romero-twice-lfcc-2.html

To finish it off here's a picture of the Godfather of Zombies and I!


No comments:

Post a Comment