Sunday 27 July 2014

Night Of The Living Dead - Graphic Novels (Incomplete set)

After getting into Zombie books and graphic novels, I decided to broaden my horizons a bit and buy another zombie graphic novel which didn't involve TWD. An obvious option was Night Of The Living Dead, written by John Russo and Mike Wolfer, being a huge Romero fan they did stick out to me so I chose to buy the first one. They are quite dear but I found them cheaper online, there are three volumes and a few 'Aftermath' volumes. The thing I LOVE about the first volume is the cover work, it is my favourite zombie art work of all time.

The first book in the picture I got for £2.50 in Forbidden Planet. It basically has extracts from and summarises all three books, so if you aren't sure whether to buy them or not, or if you will like them, this is very handy to get, and for £2.50 you can't go wrong really.

Volume one and two are indeed, cracking. The thing I enjoy about these graphic novels is the art work, I love how colourful they are (unlike TWD which is black and white). I don't prefer black or white, or just colour, I appreciate both of them but colour was really refreshing from constantly reading a black and white graphic novel. The art work was a huge plus in this case, the story was good, it was easy to follow and was generally a good story line but I did not feel the connection to the characters as I did with Rick Grimes and the rest.

There are three volumes before the Aftermath series. I ordered the third one a while a go but they did not have it in stock, ultimately leading to a refund. I have not gotten around to getting it yet but it is on my list to buy as I would love to finish reading them and would love to finish that mini collection within my huge zombie collection. When I purchase it there will definitely be an update that the mini collection is complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment