Sunday 21 September 2014

[Books] Finally Finished Reading TWD's The Governor Books



Tonight I finally finished reading the amazing books written by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga. These books are absolutely brilliant. I loved them and I wished there were more to read.

Following the comic book story line from The Governor's and Lilly Caul's point of view, it makes things a lot easier in understanding the feelings of the people of Woodbury when it came to the people living in the prison. From this side you can see where they came from and what they were being told, no wonder they went along with The Governor.

In Rise of the Governor, we get to see where it all started for Phillip Blake. How he adjusted to the apocalypse and what he did to survive and how he came to be the leader of Woodbury.

In The Road to Woodbury we meet Lilly Caul and we get chapters from her point of view, we see how she becomes a strong character and I really like her character. She is in the comics too and we follow her until the fourth book.

In The Fall of the Governor, Part One, we come across the characters we know and love, Glenn, Rick and Michonne, we see their ordeal through The Governor's eyes.

And finally, in The Fall of the Governor, Part Two, we see the final face off between two certain characters, and that's all I'm going to say.

I previously wrote a post about these books before I finished reading them, check it out: http://thestrollingunwell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/twd-special-governor-books.html

These books are outstanding and I enjoyed them so much!! They are full of emotion as you put yourself in the shoes of the character. I one hundred percent recommend these to anybody.

I now have him to sit with his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment