Saturday 20 September 2014

[Film] World War Z (2013) Review

I decided the watch the film first, rather than read the book.

Many of my friends said that this film wasn't really worth the while to sit and watch, and that it was a bit, well... crap.

I actually thought it was really interesting. I thought it was an excellent, high budget film and totally worth the watch. The story line was brilliant and original in many ways, Brad Pitts's character, his job, what he has to do, the ending was a good 'twist' that we wasn't expecting.

My only complaint for such a high budget film was the lack of on screen kills and gore. There was barely any blood in this film and a zombie fan does enjoy the skull cracking, head popping, gore filled shots, let's be honest here. We love the nitty gritty, flesh ripping, blood soaked zombies. But for a film rated 15, what was I expecting?

So perhaps, if you enjoy zombies but dislike the gore factor, this film is 100% made for you. On the other hand, of you're a hardcore zombie lover, this is a film to add to your collection which you wouldn't be embarrassed about - because it is actually a quality film.


No comments:

Post a Comment