Saturday 6 September 2014

The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Volume #21, All Out War, Part Two

I received volume #21, All Out War: Part Two for my birthday, it took me ages to getting round to reading it but tonight I finally picked it up, started it and finished it.

Finally, after leaving on rather large cliff hangers of the previous 2/3 graphic novels, it's good to see everything coming to a head and wrapping up nicely. Considering I get the graphic novels when they come out and not the comics weekly, I have to wait a considerable amount of time before I can read the next set of comics. That is probably the downside to not collecting weekly comics, although I do prefer the graphic novels, they sit on the shelf rather well and look neat. Collecting the novels means waiting and during that time you tend to not be as fresh on remembering the previous novels, obviously only really remembering the huge, plot holders. From what I remember of the previous two, they seemed to end in the same sort of way: unresolved.

I felt the last few novels dragged a bit, having the same sort of endings. This novel however, tied up the loose ends and I really did appreciate it. I'm excited for Volume #22 to see what happens after where this one left off.


No comments:

Post a Comment