Saturday 6 September 2014

[Film] Zombieland (2009) Review

My past few film reviews have been on Zombie films based in good old England. Zombieland, however, is based in the U.S. Of A. This film is hilarious and gory - just how it should be.

Compared to the comical Cockneys Vs Zombies I prefer Zombieland a hundred times over, it's cast is amazing, especially Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray! Zombieland made me laugh, whereas Cockneys... Not so much. I would say this film is a slight RomCom with a gory edge, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, definitely one of my favourite zombie films.

The problem with Cockneys Vs Zombies - like many zombie films - it was quite a budget film, Zombieland is great in the fact that it was a high budget film and it's great to see zombies being put on the big screen after Romero's classics.



I even bought a Twinkie, yes, in England, for the shocking price of £1.49 to see what all the fuss was about. (If you've seen this film, you'd understand what I mean, if not, watch it! It's a must see). Spongy, yellow and delicious? Yeah I suppose it was, but I wouldn't risk my life for one!


No comments:

Post a Comment